“I will proclaim the name of the LORD.
Oh, praise the greatness of our God!
He is the Rock, his works are perfect,
and all his ways are just.
A faithful God who does no wrong,
upright and just is he.”
Deuteronomy 32: 3-4
- Praise God for: being the Rock, His perfection, His justice, His righteousness, Steadfast love, etc. Any attributes God gives to Himself are worthy to be praised!
- Thank Him for what He has done in you life
- Thank Him for what He is doing in you life now
“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day,‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’ “Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.” When Jesus had finished saying these things, the crowds were amazed at his teaching, because he taught as one who had authority, and not as their teachers of the law.”
- Ask the Jesus to reveal where you haven’t been building your life on His teaching
- Confess these areas to Him and ask for forgiveness
- Thank Jesus for His truth and His authority
- Ask to be filled with His Holy Spirit to live life righteously according to the will of the Father
“As you come to him, the living Stone—rejected by humans but chosen by God and precious to him— you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.”
1 Peter 2: 4-5
- Thank God for the community He has given you
- Thank Him for how He has made you part of the family of God
- Ask Him to purify and refine your heart and life as you're being built alongside your brothers and sisters in Christ
- Allow the Holy Spirit to speak to you about places in your life where sacrifices need to be made as it benefits your community
- Praise God for giving the church His Spirit to complete the work He has begun!